Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.741 and Build 22623.741 (KB5018503) to the Beta Channel.
- Build 22623.741 = New features rolling out.
- Build 22621.741 = New features off by default.
Windows Insiders who are on Build 22622.601 and did not see Build 22623.730 should be able to reboot and see this new build offered.
REMINDER: Insiders who were previously on Build 22622 will automatically get moved to Build 22623 via an enablement package. The enablement package artificially increments the build number for the update with new features getting rolled out and turned on to make it easier to differentiate from devices with the update with features off by default. This approach is being used for the Beta Channel only and is not indicative of any changes or plans for final feature rollouts.
Insiders who landed in the group with new features turned off by default (Build 22621.xxxx) can check for updates and choose to install the update that will have features rolling out (Build 22623.xxx).
Fixes in Build 22623.741
NOTE: These fixes will only show if tablet-optimized taskbar is enabled on your device. Tablet-optimized taskbar is still rolling out to Windows Insiders and not yet available for everyone.
- We fixed the issue causing the taskbar to sometimes collapse when it should be expanded if there are no running windows on the desktop.
- We fixed an issue that would occur when using the left or right edge gestures resulting in the Widgets or Notification Center (respectively) to overlap with or look truncated by the taskbar.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the tablet-optimized taskbar to crash explorer.exe if you entered the overflow flyout.
[System Tray Updates]
NOTE: These fixes will only show if tablet-optimized taskbar with System Tray updates is enabled on your device. Tablet-optimized taskbar and System Tray is still rolling out to Windows Insiders and not yet available for everyone.
- Fixed an issue so that Quick Settings items can now be rearranged with touch again.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.741 & Build 22623.741
- We fixed an issue that affects Server Manager. It might reset the wrong disk when several disks have the same UniqueId.
- We fixed localization issues for some setup files. These issues might stop you from creating installation media for non-English languages.
- We’re looking into reports that audio stopped working for some Insiders in recent Beta Channel builds.
- The taskbar sometimes flashes when transitioning between desktop posture and tablet posture.
- The taskbar takes longer than expected to transition to the touch-optimized version when switching between desktop posture and tablet posture.
- When using the bottom right edge gesture to see Quick Settings, the taskbar sometimes stays stuck in the expanded state, instead of dismissing to collapsed state.
About the Beta Channel
The Beta Channel will be the place we preview experiences that are closer to what we will ship to our general customers. Because the Dev and Beta Channels represent parallel development paths from our engineers, there may be cases where features and experiences show up in the Beta Channel first. However, this does not mean every feature we try out in the Beta Channel will ship. We encourage Insiders to read this blog post that outlines the ways we’ll try things out with Insiders in both the Dev and Beta Channels.
Important Insider Links
Amanda & Brandon